When it comes down to showering it should be a time of relaxation, many see it as alone time, a time of reflection and it should be as comfortable as it possibly can be. People who live with disabilities may not have this privacy and relaxation when it comes to showering, due to the number of hazards presented in a wet, slippy bathroom, so alongside our guide on designing bathrooms for the visually impaired, we thought we’d let you know about our huge choice of shower seats that will help with bathroom independence.
Properly installing an AKW shower seat lowers the likelihood of slips and falls by providing a comfortable position to shower in, sitting down. We believe shower seats should be sturdy, comfortable and secure. There are many different types of shower seats, for different needs.
Our 2000 series of shower seats is a more than capable, practical range of furniture that will give support and comfort where it is used. This range can support a weight of up to 25 stone so it is sturdy and reliable, you can even buy extra cushion sets for the desired level of comfort.
- Compact option, designed for smaller enclosures and where space is limited
- Comfortable in use
- For users up to 158kg/25 stone
- Designed in consultation with occupational therapists, end users and installers
- Adjustable for comfort, with seat heights of between 390-640mm (provided by two sets of leg height supplied as standard)
- Sturdy design, carries weight up to 254kg/ 40 stone