Welcome to the Careers section of our website and thank you for considering AKW in your current employment search.
Our business offers a wide range of opportunities, from customer services, logistics, IT, sales, Product and Marketing, to mention just a few. Based in Hampton Lovett, just outside Droitwich Spa in a pleasant semi-rural environment, we offer a number of employee benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days of holiday entitlement plus Bank Holidays
- 35 hour working week
- Close proximity to a local Spa town with a wide range of shops and amenities
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free, on-site parking
- Employee Discount Scheme
Just over 40% of our current employees have been with us for 5 years or more and this demonstrates the unique opportunity we offer to gain new skills and move your career forward in a supportive team. We aim to develop our employee’s skillsets by offering secondments between departments, seek to promote internally where possible, operate in house training programmes and also partner with local education providers to offer accredited training courses.
Our current vacancies are listed below, we also advertise on Indeed.com and Linkedin.com.
Occasionally we use agencies, but we are keen to hear from candidates directly so if you would like to make an application, please send a CV application, accompanied by a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A very warm welcome to the AKW Holdings Group of Companies.
You have joined an organisation whose mission is to provide bespoke products for the Care market. These products are aimed at keeping the elderly and those with reduced mobility living independently in their own homes for as long as possible with safety and dignity. Should the day come when a person has to go into a residential care setting then we also supply products for Care and Nursing homes which not only provides a safe working environment for staff, but which also offers practical and comfortable solutions for the patient.
Whilst our largest market is based in the UK, we also have a growing international business based in Belgium which has the same mission and supplies similar products, mainly in France and we also export to the USA.
You are now part of an organisation which takes pride as being market leaders and innovators in the Care market. We hold many patents for innovative design and continue to strive for excellence in both product design and quality.
You are key to the development of our business. Our philosophy is to ensure all our staff develop their skills through in house training, external training courses and internal career development opportunities. Many of our Directors and Senior Managers are long serving employees who have proved themselves capable of taking on more responsibility during their time with us.
I, along with the other Directors, wish you a long, fulfilling and enjoyable employment with us.
I look forward to working with you.
AKW and DLP respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. The organisation is transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. As part of any recruitment process, the organisation collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants.
Data controller: AKW Medicare Ltd, Pointon Way, Hampton Lovett, Droitwich Spa, WR9 0LR
What information does the organisation collect?
The organisation collects a range of information about you. This includes:
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history;
- information about your current level of remuneration, including benefit entitlements;
- whether or not you have a disability for which the organisation needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process;
- information about your entitlement to work in the UK.
The organisation collects this information in a variety of ways. For example, data might be contained in application forms, CVs, obtained from your passport or other identity documents, or collected through interviews or other forms of assessment including online tests.
The organisation will also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers, information from employment background check providers, the DVLA and information from criminal records checks. The organisation will seek information from third parties only once a job offer to you has been made and will inform you that it is doing so.
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including on your application record, in HR management systems and on other IT systems (including email).
Why does the organisation process personal data?
The organisation needs to process data to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you. It also needs to process your data to enter into a contract with you.
In some cases, the organisation needs to process data to ensure that it is complying with its legal obligations. For example, it is required to check a successful applicant’s eligibility to work in the UK before employment starts.
The organisation has a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. Processing data from job applicants allows the organisation to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate’s suitability for employment and decide to whom to offer a job. The organisation may also need to process data from job applicants to respond to and defend against legal claims.
Where the organisation relies on legitimate interests as a reason for processing data, it has considered whether or not those interests are overridden by the rights and freedoms of employees or workers and has concluded that they are not.
The organisation processes health information if it needs to make reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for candidates who have a disability. This is to carry out its obligations and exercise specific rights in relation to employment.
For some roles, the organisation is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences. Where the organisation seeks this information, it does so because it is necessary for it to carry out its obligations and exercise specific rights in relation to employment.
The organisation will not use your data for any purpose other than the recruitment exercise for which you have applied.
If your application is unsuccessful, the organisation will not keep your personal data on file in case there are future employment opportunities for which you may be suited.
Who has access to data?
Your information will be shared internally for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. This includes members of the HR team, interviewers involved in the recruitment process, managers in the business area with a vacancy and IT staff if access to the data is necessary for the performance of their roles.
The organisation will not share your data with a third party Applicant Tracking System during the recruitment process. If your application for employment is successful and it makes you an offer of employment, the organisation will then share your data with former employers to obtain references for you, employment background check providers to obtain necessary background checks and the Disclosure and Barring Service to obtain necessary criminal records checks.
The organisation may share your data (name and email address) with a third party provider who provides Psychometric profiling. This does not form part of the decision making process and is used to generate candidate specific interview questions.
The organisation will not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area.
How does the organisation protect data?
The organisation takes the security of your data seriously. It has internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees in the proper performance of their duties. These policies and controls include but are not limited to : system restrictions on who can access your data, HR vetting and retention schedules.
For how long does the organisation keep data?
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, the organisation will not hold your data on file after the end of the relevant recruitment process. At the end of the relevant recruitment process, your data is deleted or destroyed within a 6 month period, this includes any psychometric testing via Thomas International.
If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained during your employment. The periods for which your data will be held will be provided to you in a new privacy notice.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- object to the processing of your data where the organisation is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing; and
- ask the organisation to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override the organisation’s legitimate grounds for processing data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact
Email : email@example.com, Telephone : 01905 823298, Post : AKW Medicare Ltd, Pointon Way, Hampton Lovett, Droitwich Spa, WR9 0LR.
If you believe that the organisation has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
What if you do not provide personal data?
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to the organisation during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide the information, the organisation may not be able to process your application properly or at all.
You are under no obligation to provide information for equal opportunities monitoring purposes and there are no consequences for your application if you choose not to provide such information.
Recruitment processes are not based solely on automated decision-making.
AKW is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and to avoiding unlawful discrimination in employment and against customers.
Our policy is intended to assist us to put this commitment into practice.
Striving to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment. The organisation has a separate dignity at work statement, which deals with these issues.
AKW intends to treat everyone equally and with the same attention, courtesy and respect regardless of their sex (including their marital status), race or racial group, colour, ethnic or national origins, nationality, religion or belief, or sexual orientation or disability. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination
All staff, whether part-time, full-time or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, promotion, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All staff will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be utilised to maximise the efficiency of the business.
- Create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff are recognised and valued.
- Ensure every member of staff is entitled to a working environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- Ensure training, development and progression opportunities are available to all staff.
- Ensure equality in the workplace as good management practice and makes sound business sense.
- We will review all our employment practices and procedures to ensure fairness.
- Breaches of our equality policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings.
AKW will treat all staff and job applicants equally and fairly and not discriminate unjustifiably against them. This will, for example, include arrangements for recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment, access to training opportunities, access to promotion and transfers, grievance and disciplinary processes, demotions, selection for redundancies, dress code, references, bonus schemes, work allocation and any other employment related activities.
Career development within AKW will be made without reference to discrimination. The selection criteria and processes for promotion will be kept under review to ensure that there is no unjustifiably discriminatory impact on any particular group.
Whilst positive action measures may be taken to encourage under-represented groups to apply for promotion opportunities, recruitment and promotion to all positions will be based solely on merit.
All staff will have equal access to training and other career development opportunities appropriate to their experience and abilities, and encourage them to take up training and career development opportunities.
AKW is committed to promoting equality and diversity in those areas in which it has influence.
Management and staff will be aware of this policy and will be provided with equality and diversity training appropriate to their needs and responsibilities.
All those who act on AKW’s behalf will be informed of this anti-discrimination policy and will be expected to pay due regard to it when conducting business on behalf of AKW.
In all its dealings, including those with suppliers, contractors and recruitment agencies, AKW will seek to promote the principles of equality and diversity.
AKW will make every effort to reflect its commitment to equality and diversity in its marketing and communication activities.
Are you a creative and talented .NET developer, wanting to a take a step forward in your development career by working with an organisation which makes a difference to the lives of its customer every day?
AKW has always had its own in-house development team, because we believe IT is a key part of our organisation’s success. In 2018, we had a change in ownership, and the new senior leadership team performed an extensive review of the business to ensure we can meet our aims and objectives for the future.
This review highlighted a need to recruitment additional skilled team members to properly resource the exciting IT projects we have planned for the future.
- Writing code in C# and/or VB.net, ASP.net – essential
- SQL Server 2008 / 2014 – Stored Procedures – advantageous
- Web Services
- SSIS, SSRS, Reporting Services – advantageous
- QlikView – advantageous
- Web applications – advantageous
- PHP, Java and XML – advantageous
- Agile Processes
- Documentation of Solution
- Follows Agile Processes
- Follows industry standard coding practices
- Maintains effective Source Code Control
- Computer Related Degree – desirable
- Minimum 3 years commercial experience
How you will make your contribution to the team?
- System Development
- Enthusiastic about new technologies and willing to learn new skills as the business requires.
- Develop and support existing in house systems primarily using C#, VB/ASP.Net, VBA,and XML.
- QlikView/Qlik Sense
- Develop QlikView/Qlik Sense dashboard solutions to meet the needs of the business
- Ensure data transformations are accurate and understood prior to use in the QlikView/Qlik Sense system
- Escalate data inconsistencies highlighted by the use of QlikView/Qlik Sense to the Head of Group IT
- Ensure scripts, reports and Dashboards are written to ensure the smooth performance of all systems
- Test and evaluate the impact on new processes across all our systems. Don’t work in isolation
- Implement Change
- Work with the Head of Group IT and other areas of the Business to understand requirements and formulate plans to facilitate change
- Changes to Systems and Configuration should be planned and documented in Service Desk
- All Changes should have approval from the Head of Group IT
- Maintain a safe, clean and tidy work environment for yourself and end users
- Visit sites around the UK, Europe, Isle of Man as required to carry out training, maintenance or installations
- Work to the needs of the business to maintain and update critical systems
- Work in locations outside of normal offices
- Work outside of normal office hours
- Deal with sensitive data in a professional and confidential manner
How to apply
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure you include information about your contact details (email and telephone number) so that we can contact you if we think you are a good match for our vacancy.