Welcome to the Careers section of our website and thank you for considering AKW Medi-Care Ltd in your current employment search.
Our business offers a wide range of opportunities, from customer services, logistics, IT, sales, Product and Marketing, to mention just a few. Based in Hampton Lovett, just outside Droitwich Spa in a pleasant semi-rural environment, we offer a number of employee benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days of holiday entitlement plus Bank Holidays (entitlement increases with length of service)
- 35 hour working week
- Close proximity to a local Spa town with a wide range of shops and amenities
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Occupational sick pay, maternity and paternity schemes
- Free, on-site parking
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Worcestershire Works Well Level 1 Award Holders
Just over 55% of our current employees have been with us for 5 years or more and this demonstrates the unique opportunity we offer to gain new skills and move your career forward in a supportive team. We aim to develop our employee’s skillsets by offering secondments between departments, seek to promote internally where possible, operate in house training programmes and also partner with local education providers to offer accredited training courses.
Our current vacancies are listed below, we also advertise on Indeed.com and Linkedin.com.
Occasionally we use agencies, but we are keen to hear from candidates directly so if you would like to make an application, please send a CV application, accompanied by a covering letter to email@example.com.
No current vacancies at this time, please check back in the future.
A very warm welcome to the AKW Holdings Group of Companies.
You have joined an organisation whose mission is to provide bespoke products for the Care market. These products are aimed at keeping the elderly and those with reduced mobility living independently in their own homes for as long as possible with safety and dignity. Should the day come when a person has to go into a residential care setting then we also supply products for Care and Nursing homes which not only provides a safe working environment for staff, but which also offers practical and comfortable solutions for the patient.
Whilst our largest market is based in the UK, we also have a growing international business based in Belgium which has the same mission and supplies similar products, mainly in France and we also export to the USA.
You are now part of an organisation which takes pride as being market leaders and innovators in the Care market. We hold many patents for innovative design and continue to strive for excellence in both product design and quality.
You are key to the development of our business. Our philosophy is to ensure all our staff develop their skills through in house training, external training courses and internal career development opportunities. Many of our Directors and Senior Managers are long serving employees who have proved themselves capable of taking on more responsibility during their time with us.
I, along with the other Directors, wish you a long, fulfilling and enjoyable employment with us.
I look forward to working with you.
In February 2020, the organisation achieved Level 1 of this local award following assessment by an external panel against nine different standards.
Worcestershire Works Well supports businesses to improve the health and well-being of their employees. Improved employee health and well-being has been shown repeatedly to improve profitability and productivity of businesses.
The achievement of this award demonstrates that AKW Medi-Care Ltd is an employer which values the health and wellbeing of our employees and we take a pro-active approach to providing an enjoyable and productive working environment.
For further information, please visit : http://www.worcestershireworkswell.co.uk/
We believe recruitment at AKW Medi-Care Ltd is a two – way process and this belief informs how to conduct our recruitment process.
It offers an opportunity for us find out more about your skills and experience so we can decide if you are able to perform the role successfully. Secondly, it allows you the opportunity to find out as much as you wish about the role, team and organisation so you make an informed decision.
Our current recruitment process has changed following Covid-19, and we thought it would be helpful to offer further information for candidates.
- Interviews will initially be conducted by Zoom or Microsoft Teams. The Manager recruiting for the position, and a member of the HR team will usually be present. You will be advised in advance of their names and position.
- If there is any reason why conducting an interview virtually is not suitable for you, please let us know in advance.
- We use Psychometric testing for some positions when we are recruiting. Further information is available from : www.thomas.co and we will explain our reasons for using this method of assessment and also offer an opportunity to discuss your test results.
- We will work with you to agree a mutually convenient interview time. We recognise that many of us are working from home, which can lead to interruptions, and if this happens, it isn’t a problem. Please just try to ensure your family members (or dog!) know you’re on a call and not available.
- If an offer of employment is made, and you would like to visit the office before accepting, we will facilitate an on-site visit whilst maintaining social distancing. You may need to wear a mask to enter our offices as a temporary visitor. The office won’t have any of your future colleagues in it, as most of us are working from home, but we recognise it’s important to at least have an idea of what your workspace could look like.
- Paperwork will be completed via Docusign and email with the exception of a Right to Work check. This would need to be done in person, along with the provision of certain documents, eg a passport or driving licence.
- Depending on the date you join AKW Medi-Care, parts of your induction may be completed via Zoom, Microsoft Teams or in the office. We will work with you to establish a personalised welcome to our team.
AKW and DLP respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. The organisation is transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. As part of any recruitment process, the organisation collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants.
Data controller: AKW Medicare Ltd, Pointon Way, Hampton Lovett, Droitwich Spa, WR9 0LR
What information does the organisation collect?
The organisation collects a range of information about you. This includes:
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history;
- information about your current level of remuneration, including benefit entitlements;
- whether or not you have a disability for which the organisation needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process;
- information about your entitlement to work in the UK.
The organisation collects this information in a variety of ways. For example, data might be contained in application forms, CVs, obtained from your passport or other identity documents, or collected through interviews or other forms of assessment including online tests.
The organisation will also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers, information from employment background check providers, the DVLA and information from criminal records checks. The organisation will seek information from third parties only once a job offer to you has been made and will inform you that it is doing so.
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including on your application record, in HR management systems and on other IT systems (including email).
Why does the organisation process personal data?
The organisation needs to process data to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you. It also needs to process your data to enter into a contract with you.
In some cases, the organisation needs to process data to ensure that it is complying with its legal obligations. For example, it is required to check a successful applicant’s eligibility to work in the UK before employment starts.
The organisation has a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. Processing data from job applicants allows the organisation to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate’s suitability for employment and decide to whom to offer a job. The organisation may also need to process data from job applicants to respond to and defend against legal claims.
Where the organisation relies on legitimate interests as a reason for processing data, it has considered whether or not those interests are overridden by the rights and freedoms of employees or workers and has concluded that they are not.
The organisation processes health information if it needs to make reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for candidates who have a disability. This is to carry out its obligations and exercise specific rights in relation to employment.
For some roles, the organisation is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences. Where the organisation seeks this information, it does so because it is necessary for it to carry out its obligations and exercise specific rights in relation to employment.
The organisation will not use your data for any purpose other than the recruitment exercise for which you have applied.
If your application is unsuccessful, the organisation will not keep your personal data on file in case there are future employment opportunities for which you may be suited.
Who has access to data?
Your information will be shared internally for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. This includes members of the HR team, interviewers involved in the recruitment process, managers in the business area with a vacancy and IT staff if access to the data is necessary for the performance of their roles.
The organisation will not share your data with a third party Applicant Tracking System during the recruitment process. If your application for employment is successful and it makes you an offer of employment, the organisation will then share your data with former employers to obtain references for you, employment background check providers to obtain necessary background checks and the Disclosure and Barring Service to obtain necessary criminal records checks.
The organisation may share your data (name and email address) with a third party provider who provides Psychometric profiling. This does not form part of the decision making process and is used to generate candidate specific interview questions.
The organisation will not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area.
How does the organisation protect data?
The organisation takes the security of your data seriously. It has internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees in the proper performance of their duties. These policies and controls include but are not limited to : system restrictions on who can access your data, HR vetting and retention schedules.
For how long does the organisation keep data?
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, the organisation will not hold your data on file after the end of the relevant recruitment process. At the end of the relevant recruitment process, your data is deleted or destroyed within a 6 month period, this includes any psychometric testing via Thomas International.
If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained during your employment. The periods for which your data will be held will be provided to you in a new privacy notice.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- object to the processing of your data where the organisation is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing; and
- ask the organisation to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override the organisation’s legitimate grounds for processing data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org, Telephone : 01905 823298, Post : AKW Medicare Ltd, Pointon Way, Hampton Lovett, Droitwich Spa, WR9 0LR.
If you believe that the organisation has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
What if you do not provide personal data?
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide data to the organisation during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide the information, the organisation may not be able to process your application properly or at all.
You are under no obligation to provide information for equal opportunities monitoring purposes and there are no consequences for your application if you choose not to provide such information.
Recruitment processes are not based solely on automated decision-making.
AKW Holdings Limited and its’ subsidiaries are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and to avoiding unlawful discrimination in employment and against customers.
This policy is intended to assist our commitment to being in practice. Compliance with this policy should also ensure that employees do not commit unlawful acts of discrimination.
Striving to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment. The organisation has a separate dignity at work statement.
AKW Holdings Limited intends to treat everyone equally and with the same attention, courtesy and respect regardless of a protected characteristic they may possess. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination
All employees, whether part-time, full-time or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, promotion, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be utilised to maximise the efficiency of the business.
- Create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our employees are recognised and valued.
- Ensure every employee is entitled to a working environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- Ensure training, development and progression opportunities are available to all employees.
- Ensuring equality in the workplace as good management practice which makes sound business sense.
- We regularly review all our employment practices and procedures to ensure fairness.
- Breaches of our equality policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings.
AKW Holdings Limited will treat all employees and job applicants equally and fairly and not discriminate unjustifiably against them. This will, for example, include arrangements for recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment, access to training opportunities, access to promotion and transfers, grievance and disciplinary processes, demotions, selection for redundancies, dress code, references, bonus schemes, work allocation and any other employment related activities.
Promotion within AKW Holdings Limited will be made without reference to discrimination. The selection criteria and processes for promotion will be kept under review to ensure that there is no unjustifiably discriminatory impact on any particular group.
Whilst positive action measures may be taken to encourage under-represented groups to apply for promotion opportunities, recruitment and promotion to all positions will be based solely on merit.
All employees will have equal access to training and other career development opportunities appropriate to their experience and abilities and encourage them to take up training and career development opportunities.
AKW Holdings Limited is committed to promoting equality and diversity in those areas in which it has influence. All new employees receive training as part of their induction process to the organisation.
Management and employees will be aware of this policy and will be provided with equality and diversity training appropriate to their needs and responsibilities.
All those who act on behalf of the organisation will be informed of this anti-discrimination policy and will be expected to pay due regard to it when conducting business on behalf of the organisation.
In all its dealings, including those with suppliers, contractors and recruitment agencies, the organisation will seek to promote the principles of equality and diversity.
AKW Holdings Limited will make every effort to reflect its commitment to equality and diversity in its’ marketing and communication activities.