Situated in a grade II listed period house in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, Lypiatt Lodge is a nursing home that welcomes residents with both longterm and respite needs. The home is situated in a residential area near to Cheltenham town centre, in close proximity to local shops, amenities and bus services. The home accommodates residents in 31 rooms, all of which have en-suite facilities. Residents also have access to ample communal living and dining rooms, and additional bathrooms and toilets throughout. There is a passenger lift large enough to accommodate an individual in a wheelchair together with an escort, and the entire building is wheelchair-accessible through a side gate. Lypiatt Lodge staff are specially trained in the care of older people and the challenges of physical disability, particularly dementia. An active lifestyle is supported and residents are encouraged to participate in daily activity timetables, as well as pursuing hobbies such as gardening.
AKW managed the full life-cycle of the bathroom renovations. Starting with a comprehensive survey of all 31 en-suite bathrooms to determine the facilities and products required by residents, and their needs. This was incredibly helpful to Beltaine as it left them free to focus specifically on the design and layout of the bedrooms.
We supplied Lypiatt Lodge with a full range of products:
- TMV3 approved thermostatic mixer taps with extended levers for easy operation
- Showering facilities – low level access, walk-in showers, and wet rooms
- Shower screens
- Bathroom wall panels/wall boards
- Electric Low Surface Temperature radiators to eliminate burning accidents
- Bathroom lights
- Extractor fans
As Lypiatt Lodge is registered for the specialist care of people living with dementia, they were aware of AKW’s market-leading position and high-quality dementia friendly products. As a result of this existing knowledge, the client specifically requested that Beltaine Designs used AKW bathroom products as part of the renovation.
- Successful installation of high-quality bathroom products
- Safer environment for care home residents
- Client now able to care for residents living with dementia, thanks to AKW’s industry leading dementia friendly installations
- Bathrooms now have a contemporary, attractive appearance to match environment of the home
“AKW have been great to work with – their professional survey of the bathrooms made things easy for our designer and contractors and the overall service has been excellent.”